METABOLIC BALANCE, MINERAL HOMEOSTASIS, A HEALTHIER LIFE.
With MINERAL HOMEOSTASIS, we aim to achieve and maintain a mineral and metabolic balance in dairy cows. Under the direction of our technical service, this mineral balance becomes a guarantee for a longer, healthier and more productive life of the cows that we ‘feed’. This allows us to identify the specific mineral needs for each farm, rather than referring to standard tables of the mineral needs of dairy cows drawn up by international research centres, which are often obsolete, inadequate, and tend to be very general. We also consider the impact on cattle feed rations of the mineral input of the different types of fodder and concentrates produced directly on the farm, which represent the territory where the cows live.
NEW WAVE TECHNOLOGY
NEW WAVE TECHNOLOGY is an innovative method designed to achieve mineral homeostasis, a condition leading to the highest level of health and productivity when breeding dairy cows.
Spada’s technicians follow a general procedure involving 7 steps.
INSPECTION OF THE FARM
• We collect subjective data by inspecting animals in the different production groups (dry cows and animals of different ages such as heifers and calves)
• We collect environmental data, such as the number of animals and their living space (for example, the number of stalls available, the number of places at the trough, the availability and space for drinking, etc.)
• We check the physical appearance of the feed ration and the way in which the cows ingest the food
• We observe the animals in their environment to identify any inconsistencies related to their movement, and if they are in good physical health as a function of their current state
COLLECTION OF OBJECTIVE DATA
• We take a sample of the feed used at the farm for preliminary testing (smell and feel) and laboratory analysis
• We identify the particle sizes of the various foods in the ration, performing a visual inspection and precise measurement using the Penn State Particle Separator
• We use the faecal sieve if visual inspection and palpation of the faeces are not enough to completely clarify their state
• We collect quantitative data relating to the feed ration currently in use
• We assess the availability of the various foods to determine the quantity used
• We assess the productive and reproductive data of the herd obtained during checks, gynaecological visits, etc.
• We can carry out a clinical investigation with specific, targeted analyses for individual farms, or, in the case of known profiles, directly applying tested protocols referring to uniform conditions
• Specifically, we carry out a diagnostic investigation of the mineral and metabolic status of the animals by
taking urine samples for analysis
INTERPRETING THE COGNITIVE DATA
• We compare the cognitive data obtained during the operations above with data obtained from the laboratory
• We check for the right balances and identify any imbalances
• We set the programme, starting with the new rationing to design the livestock feed that will complete and fully personalise the new ration. The livestock feed will bear the name of the customer or farm and will not be changed unless there are pressing reasons to do so.
APPLICAZIONE NEW WAVE TECHNOLOGY
• We define the mineral-vitamin pool to be included in the various concentrates dedicated to either lactating, gestating, or dry animals and animals in the different stages of growth
• We determine the composition of two sources: plants (soy, corn, barley, etc.) and the
PRODUCTION OF THE LIVESTOCK FEED
• We carry out production, mixing the various elements according to tried and tested procedures, and deliver the feed to farms, which will have received the feeding plans prepared by our nutritionists
THOROUGH CONTROL ACTIVITIES
• We visit farms on a regular basis to check on the recommended rationing procedures and suggest any changes
• We analyse any new fodder that is used, always continuing along the path of full personalisation
• We continuously monitor production and reproductive data
• We also return to check the metabolic and mineral data, perform further analysis of the urine and any other necessary diagnostic findings
• We collect, record and compare the data and provide nutritional assistance
• We recommend suitable crop choices, indicating the ideal types and times of harvesting to provide the animals with more suitable, high-performance feed